Whether you are a couple in search of a particularly special evening, a group of family and friends who want to splash out on a unique meal, or a whole wedding party looking for the best quality banquet food for your guests, having your own private dining experience is sure to be one of the highlights of your Koh Tao holiday.
The best private dining provider on Koh Tao is Ed Jones, head chef and owner of Barracuda Rooftop Restaurant and Bar, and Barracuda at Darawan. Ed trained as a chef at the English Seafood Restaurant & Oyster Bar in Brighton, a cosmopolitan city on the south coast of England that is well known for its array of great seafood. He moved to Koh Tao in February 2007 and worked as a chef for several prominent businesses before opening Barracuda in July 2010.
If you have eaten at either of the Barracuda locations before, you’ll already be familiar with the large selection of seafood, and with plenty of vegetarian and meat options available in addition to the trademark fish dishes, the menu has something to suit all tastes. With his latest menus, Ed has introduced the “Thai Fusion” range, which is proving extremely popular with locals and tourists alike.
Your Private Dining Experience
Ed can cater private dining events for groups of 2 to 100 people and is happy to tailor-make packages. His most popular service is his ‘in-villa private dining for two’ package, which is perfect for honeymooners, proposals, or any couple looking for a magical and romantic evening. Ed will come to your villa and act as your own private chef, providing a night of pure indulgence with his delicious food.
Private Dining Menu Options
For private dining bookings, guests are required to choose either the Seafood Platter for 2, or select one appetizer, a main, and a dessert per person from the 3 Course Menu. Please note that prices vary depending on the time and season you require the private dining service.
Barracuda All-In Seafood Platter
A selection of local fresh fish to include:
- 1 whole steamed snapper
- Garlic butter lobster tail
- Fresh barracuda fillet
- Barracuda ceviche
- Garlic sauteed prawns
- Pan-fried calamari
- Sesame tuna steaks
- Steamed prawns & spicy barracuda cakes
Sides: Seafood platters are served with garlic roast potatoes, superfood salad, and a selection of dips.
Dessert: Two portions of double chocolate tart or blueberry cheesecake
Price: 2900B per person
3 Course Menu
Appetizers: Choose 1 per person
- Whipped Duck liver pate served with homemade bread
- Asian infused tuna sashimi bruschetta
- Barracuda & avocado ceviche served with crispy wontons
- Toast Skagen (peeled prawns mixed with mayo, sour cream, dill and lemon topped with caviar and served on toasted bread)
- Tomato, black olive, and feta cheese bruschetta, garnished with shaved parmesan, rocket leaf and balsamic, olive oil dressing (V)
Mains: Choose 1 per person
- Pan-fried barracuda fillet and prawns served with garlic roast potatoes, buttered spinach, and a creamy tomato and Thai basil sauce
- 250gr grass-fed NZ beef tenderloin served with garlic roasted potatoes, carrot slaw, sauteed mushrooms, crispy onions & pepper sauce
- Pan-roasted salmon fillet served with garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus, and a white wine and dill sauce
- Seared tuna steak on a bed of asparagus and bubble and squeak, topped with a white wine and mushroom sauce
- Baked red pepper stuffed with spinach and feta cheese, served with garlic roast potatoes and mixed salad (V)
Dessert: Choose 1 per person
- Blueberry cheesecake
- Double chocolate tart
- Cheese selection, homemade bread, and crackers
Price: From 2900B per person
Please note that prices can vary dependent on the time & season you require the service.
Contact Ed Jones directly for this service [email protected] please mention Island Travel so he can buy us a beer 🙂