Whether you are a couple in search of a particularly special evening, a group of family and friends who want to splash out on a unique meal, or a whole wedding party looking for the best quality banquet food for your guests, having your own private dining experience is sure to be one of the highlights of your Koh Tao holiday.
The best private dining provider on Koh Tao is Ed Jones, head chef and owner of Barracuda Rooftop Restaurant and Bar, and Barracuda at Darawan. Ed trained as a chef at the English Seafood Restaurant & Oyster Bar in Brighton, a cosmopolitan city on the south coast of England that is well known for its array of great seafood. He moved to Koh Tao in February 2007 and worked as a chef for several prominent businesses before opening Barracuda in July 2010.
If you have eaten at either of the Barracuda locations before, you’ll already be familiar with the large selection of seafood, and with plenty of vegetarian and meat options available in addition to the trademark fish dishes, the menu has something to suit all tastes. With his latest menus, Ed has introduced the “Thai Fusion” range, which is proving extremely popular with locals and tourists alike.
Your Private Dining Experience
Ed can cater private dining events for groups of 2 to 100 people and is happy to tailor-make packages. His most popular service is his ‘in-villa private dining for two’ package, which is perfect for honeymooners, proposals, or any couple looking for a magical and romantic evening. Ed will come to your villa and act as your own private chef, providing a night of pure indulgence with his delicious food.
Private Dining Menu Options
For private dining bookings, guests are required to choose either the Seafood Platter for 2, or select one appetiser, a main, and a dessert per person from the 3 Course Menu. Please note that prices vary depending on the time and season you require the private dining service.
Seafood Platter for Two
A selection of local fresh fish to include:
- Barracuda fillet
- A whole steamed snapper
- Sesame and chilli seared scallops
- Green lip mussels in Thai green curry sauce
- Steamed prawn
- Barracuda cakes
Sides: Seafood platters are served with garlic roast potatoes, mixed salad, and a selection of dips.
Dessert: Choose from double chocolate tart or passion fruit and white chocolate cheesecake (one per person).
Price: From 1500B per person
3 Course Menu
Appetisers: Choose 1 per person
- Duck liver pate served with homemade bread
- Asian infused tuna sashimi bruschetta
- Tequila and lime prawn skewers served with mango and tomato salsa
- Toast Skagen (peeled prawns mixed with mayo, sour cream, dill and lemon topped with caviar and served on toasted bread)
- Tomato, black olive, and feta cheese bruschetta, garnished with shaved parmesan, rocket leaf and balsamic, olive oil dressing (V)
Mains: Choose 1 per person
- Pan-fried barracuda fillet and prawns served with garlic roast potatoes, buttered spinach, and a creamy tomato and Thai basil sauce
- A rack of melt-in-the-mouth sticky BBQ spare ribs served with homemade BBQ sauce, garlic roast potatoes and mixed salad
- Pan-roasted salmon fillet served with garlic mash potatoes, asparagus, and a white wine and dill sauce
- Seared tuna steak on a bed of asparagus and bubble and squeak, topped with a white wine and mushroom sauce
- Baked red pepper stuffed with spinach and feta cheese, served with garlic roast potatoes and mixed salad (V)
Dessert: Choose 1 per person
- Passion fruit cheesecake
- Double chocolate tart
- Cheese selection, homemade bread, and crackers
Price: From 1600B per person
For more details, a bespoke quote or consultation, you can contact Ed directly on +66 (0)801 463 267